Directory of Centers - Southcentral
Aldo Leopold Foundation
- Continues the work and teachings of Aldo Leopold.
- Aldo Leopold Nature Center
- ALNC's mission is to teach love, respect, and admiration for the land in
the spirit of Wisconsin's premier conservationist, Aldo Leopold.
Bethel Horizons Nature Center
- Bethel Horizons consists of 460 acres of diverse plant and animal communities
ideally situated adjacent to Governor Dodge State Park.
- Cherokee Marsh
- Cherokee Marsh is the most diverse of all nature study areas with a mosaic of
wetlands, southern Wisconsin woodlots, old fields, restored prairie
and oak savanna, two glacial drumlins and the Yahara River.
GroundWorks at Troy Gardens - Grow your own food in the organic
community gardens provided, play and learn in the Kids' Garden or
even explore the prairie in this 31-acre Community Garden.
Dane County Parks
Dane County Lussier Family Heritage Center
- A Multi-use educational and interpretive facility providing
opportunities for youth and adult learning, volunteerism, outdoor
recreation, and special events.
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Dane County's free zoo is nestled in the heart of madison and open
year-round. Spend time with your family while exploring nature. Live
animal presentations available year-round.
- International Crane Foundation
- The International Crane Foundation (ICF) works worldwide to conserve
cranes and the wetland and grasslands communities on which they
MacKenzie Environmental Center
- The center features an exhibit of live Wisconsin wildlife,
self-guided hikes and trails, museums, a fire tower, a picnic area
and much more.
Madison Children's Museum
- Madison's only hands-on museum devoted to kids!
Madison City Conservation Parks
- Links to park-related web pages.
MMSD - Jackson School Forest
- The 287 acre Madison School Forest includes the Olson Oak Woods
State Natural Area, a prime example of a Wisconsin southern dry
forest with remnants of pre-settlement days.
Olbrich Botanical Gardens
A spectacular tropical conservatory is open for year-round
enjoyment, 14 acres of outdoor specialty gardens, and a botanical
center -- it's all here at the Gardens.
Outdoor Learning Center - A 330-acre year-round retreat center,
camp and environmental education center nestled between the sandstone formations and Wisconsin River of the upper Dells.
- Explore the opportunities for nature appreciation, environmental
education, and ecological research at this web site and at the
U.W. Geology Museum
- The museum displays minerals, rocks, fossils, a 6-foot globe, and a
walk-through model of a Wisconsin limestone cave.
Environmental Learning Network chart is a comprehensive chart of
all the resources listed above.
Nature Net Search Engine to locate programs for just the subject
and grade level you need. Check out which Nature Net centers teach
students about your favorite nature topic!
Nature Net is a proud member of the
No Child Left Inside
to connect kids with outdoor nature experiences
Copyright © 1997- Aldo Leopold Nature Center
All Rights Reserved.
Web Presence by Thunder Ridge, Inc.